No Butter, no Eggs, no Milk!
I found this recipe for vegan chocolate cake on internet and prepared it myself (however, my own version is without the topping). I am not vegetarian, but always looking for easy and low fat / low calorie recipes, without a lot of fresh ingredients out of the fridge.
All you’ll need is flour, cocoa powder, sugar and a little bit of vegetable oil and water, plus baking soda and vinegar. Surprisingly simple!
The white vinegar is important, don’t miss it. Or use lemon juice or orange jam. These ingredients will work together with the baking soda.
Here are the ingredients:
For the cake:
1 cup warm water (lukewarm, not boiling)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (extra for dusting pan)
1 1/2 cups (180 grams) all-purpose flour
1 cup caster sugar (160 grams)
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup canola oil (or any other neutral-flavored oil, plus extra for greasing pan)
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. white vinegar
For the glaze:
50 grams dark chocolate chopped
1/3 cup icing sugar, sifted
2 Tablespoons water
To make the cake:
– Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
– Use an 8-inch, removable bottom pan and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
– Lightly brush the pan and parchment paper with oil & dust with cocoa powder.
– In a small bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder & lukewarm water, making sure that there are no lumps left and set aside.
– In a large pan, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda & salt.
– Make a well in the centre of these dry ingredients and add the cocoa-water mixture, oil & vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth. Add the vinegar & whisk.
– Transfer the batter to prepared cake pan & bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. (in my oven 20 min was enough)
– Once baked, place the pan on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
– Run a knife around the sides of the pan before loosening the sides of the pan.
– Open up the cake pan and gently place the cake on a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the chocolate glaze:
– Melt the chocolate either in a double boiler or in the microwave. – Allow it to cool slightly and then whisk in the water & sifted icing sugar.
– Once this mixture takes on a spreadable consistency, pour it over the centre of the cooled cake.
– Use an offset spatula to spread the glaze evenly over the top and sides of the cake.
Thanks to the creator: Source https://youtu.be/I6fP_xBSfLo
Independent Herbalife Member - Healthy FooD Nutrition Blog
Buy Authentic Herbalife Products Online :
*Fast Shipping directly from Herbalife Plant
*Freshest Herbalife Products Guaranteed
Feel free to contact me! Fill the form below